Monday, February 19, 2007

Cause

Who is your survival in times of sorrow and no faith? Have you no place to run for cover when the floods surround you? Have you no comfort in times of torment? When your skin feels all wrinkled and your flesh turns into bits and pieces of rotten food for worms, who will ease your mind?

“Have it your way, woman!” I said to myself. “Lead your way into loneliness and solitude, take another step into the great wide open and tell yourself you have conquered the world. But when the song will long be dead, come to me not, weep not for your incapacity of setting yourself free of pride and insolence.” I still believe there is a path I need to follow. The single main difference would be that my words echoed loud in my head and created what I could now call . I have always feared most my inner thoughts. I know I am my most concealing and most harsh judge, at the same time. And I do not fear my judgment. I know it has taught me well, I know it has kept me sane when everything around me came tumbling down. I have learned not to censor my tears, I have that no one else but me my crusader, and I have chosen to lead my path to a non-secure one. I worry not about the cars that go by, I fear not the thorns and thunders, I have the lightning to reveal the stairs and the moon to guard over me.

I now know what it feels like to hold someone for real in your arms. Back then, I knew not that the heart can beat when your put your arms around somebody. I now know that lips hold stories beneath them, and, if properly kissed, they will speak to you in a way that cannot be seen or touched otherwise. I now know that hands can heal wounds and wombs can carry the burden of glittering emotions, giving birth to them when least expected. I now rest assured that my eyes will never cease being moist and glowing, and my wings will remain opened and soaring. I am ready to take another step into my universe. I’ve thrown away all my imitations of life, I’ve dissolved in someone else’s drink my lithium, I need no compromises to get me through.

Because there is you.

No comments:

Daca ai ajuns sa citesti asta, esti PREA curios!!!

Copyright 2006-2007 Alina Vasilescu - http://ame-lia.blogspot.com/ - alina.vasilescu@gmail.com. Toate textele si imaginile aflate pe acest site sunt proprietatea autorului si nu pot fi folosite integral sau partial fara permisiunea acestuia, in concordanta cu legea nr 8/1996, privind dreptul de autor si drepturile conexe.